France, its name itself is already synonymous with elegance and luxury. Over the years, France has been the favorite tourist destination in the world. According to a survey done by the United Nations World Tourism Organization in 2014, France tallied a total of 83.7 million visitors which is almost 9 million more than the closest to it which is the United States with 74.8 million tourists. Being the top tourist attraction in the world, many people are even getting curious about what others are getting when they visit France, which only brings in more tourists. Even more, repeating tourists keep on coming back, and sometimes bringing in more of their family and friends with them.
So what really is there with France that makes it so attracting to tourists from all over the world? Just by having a short stay in France a couple of years back, I can say that France has that something that makes tourists fall in love not only with the country but also with the people itself which will always be perfect for anyone who is doing a luxury travel blog. The French are known for cooking, painting, art history and so many more. France is also known for fine wine, good food, and romance. Anybody who has been to France, if you will ask them, will say that they still can’t get enough of France. If only for their high cost of living, many tourists would have moved to France a long time ago.
The best way to really enjoy a vacation in France is by indulging yourself in luxury. In this article, we will divulge the top five ways to ensure a luxurious holiday in France.
- When we talk about luxury, it only means one thing. It means that we need to book the most luxurious hotel or villa available. Of course, rather than booking in a conventional hotel why not avail of a luxury holiday home for the duration of your stay. Whether be it for a couple or for the whole family, there will always be an available luxury home that will make it feel like your home away from home. With all the amenities at your own disposal that will make your stay even more soothing to your senses.
- When planning a vacation in France, it is best to go there during the off-season. The high volume of tourists comes to France on the months of June, July, August, and the first half of September. During these months, it will be very hard to get around and fully experience the true wonders of France. During the off-season, when most of the tourists are already gone, that will be the perfect time to experience France first-hand.
- Indulge yourself with French food. As we all know, French people love to cook which makes them very famous all over the world to be the best Chef. Five-star dining at its best will always be synonymous with French chefs. But it doesn’t end there; finding out where most locals eat will be like a trump card to your dining experience. Restaurants that are famous with locals are like a hidden treasure. Sure as it is, the French food will never run out of surprises.
- If you fancy that winter and romantic feels, then Paris is the best place for you and loved one. As Audrey Hepburn once said; “Paris is always a good idea”. Another way of experiencing Paris is by getting a themed-tour that will give you an in-depth look at the other side of the world-famous and most romantic city.
But if you fancy that sun, sand, and water type of vacation, then Southern France or the French Riviera is the perfect place for you. Also known as the Côte d’Azur, Southern France is known for its’ dazzling and glamorous beaches, glorious mountain ranges, to the dramatic hilltop villages.
- Get yourself involved in some of the world-renowned French culture. Hire a private instructor or a chef to teach you how to cook elegant food, or learn how to paint like French painter does, or even study the art of French winery. These things will surely spell luxury once you get to incorporate them into your system.
The whole French luxury experience will be the best memory that you will cherish for the rest of your life. Keeping in mind these recommendations that have been mentioned in this article and everything, as they say, will be “smooth as silk”.